«It always seems impossible until its done» Nelson Mandela
Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing wonderful, today I am doing another liquid lipstick review, I have to confess I have been kind of obsessed with them lately, and right now my goal is trying every single liquid lipstick available out there. So today I will be reviewing the sleek Matte Me liquid lipstick, I just could not resist trying it, I love sleek I think it is an amazing brand which makes really beautiful as well as affordable products and also their color range is so beautiful, it is full of plums and nudes which is right up my alley.
“Matte Me is a matte finish liquid lipstick that glides on in one smooth application, with no need for a second coat.Shabby Chic is a muted dark pink perfect when paired with Face Form for on-trend look.The light as air texture provides you with comfortable wear for hours, that doesn’t cake, flake or dry out, ensuring long lasting colour all day.”
I bought the lipsticks on maquillialia.com, since I live in Spain it is a lot easier for me to order it from there rather than from the sleek website. After watching all the shades available I decided to go for Velvet Slipper and Shabby Chic, I just adore those names, I am actually quite proud of myself because I just wanted to get every single shade available but I finally decided to only get my two favorite shades.
Now lets get started with the actual review and I am going to begin talking about the packaging. I love the look of the Matte Me liquid lipstick packaging, I think I even prefer it to the Kat von D liquid lipstick one, the reason is that as much as I adore the silver detailing of the Kat von D I steel prefer a clean and sleek packaging and it is just what Sleek Makeup did with this one, It is made of clear plastic and it has a really nice matte black cap with the sleek logo on it and the overall look is just very sleek and professional. Of course the material they used are not the best ones, actually the cap feels like it could break or crack very easily but if you take in consideration that we are talking about a 7 euros product it is still a very decent packaging, the only serious downside to it is its square formed tube which makes the application a bit uneasy
Lets talk about the actual product, the texture it is a bit thick and with “velvet slipper” ,which is the darkest shade , I did experience some streaking so it is necessary to work a little bit with it to get an even application, however I did not have this problem with the lighter shade. The pigmentation is amazing as advertised and you will not need more than one coat to get a full coverage, and even if you may want to apply another one I would not recommend it, because of its thick formula it can look a bit cakey when pilled up. This is actually something I dislike with this lipstick, its formula makes touching up a bit difficult and if I can I usually prefer taking it all off and reapplying it all over again.
The finish is matte, and the shades are just beautiful once dried, however it is a bit sticky, it is not a bothering stickiness but it is still there. I would definitely recommend exfoliating before application if you have dry or chapped lips because it does set a bit into fine lines and it is pretty drying.
About the staying power, just like the Kat von D one, it will not last all day, just forget about it, I have. It is definitely drinking proof, I drink liters of water throwout the day and it does not budge a bit, I experienced a bit of transfer when kissing but only a short time after the application so I think that by putting a paper between your lips to get reed of the excess you could avoid that. And now lets talk a bout the biggest challenge, food, I love eating and my dream would be finding a lipstick that does not have to be touched up after each snack or meal, unfortunately the Matte Me liquid lipstick has not fulfilled my dream, I have to reapply after each meal since the product in the center part of my lips keeps vanishing.
- Color range: Sleek Matte Me liquid lipstick comes in a variety of beautiful nude , plum and rosy shades I am absolutely in love with and that will suit everyone.
- Packaging: The packaging is absolutely beautiful, very sleek and professional looking.
- Fragrance: It is 100% fragrance free which is a huge plus for me, I am very sensitive to smells and I love anything fragrance free when it comes to makeup.
- Cruelty free: This is such a huge plus for me, I think animal testing is so disgusting and it is something we should really work on and make disappear, their suffering is just as important as ours an we should protect them instead of torturing them.
- Pigmentation: This lipstick is very pigmented and one coat is more than enough.
- Long lasting: It may not be as long lasting as advertised but it does last a lot longer than any normal lipstick leaving you carefree for at least a few hours.
- Price: For 7 euros you really cannot go wrong with this product, Its price/quality relation is amazing.
- Texture: This really depends of each one but personally I prefer a thinner texture.
- Finish: It dries to a pretty matte finish but the stickiness it leaves behind does bother me a bit.
- Not eating proof: I am still desperate to find a lipstick which will stay put after all my snacking and eating.
- Drying: For now I have not found a single liquid lipstick that is not drying, an dthis one is no excepcion.
To resume, the Sleek Makeup Matte Me liquid lipstick is a very nice product that comes in a range of beautiful shades at a very reasonable price if you think that it is indeed comparable to higher end lipsticks like the Kat Von D one. The only thing that keeps it from being my number one liquid lipstick is its thick texture and the slight stickiness it leaves behind, otherwise it is a great product I would definitely recommend, it is not perfect but it does a pretty nice job and it is definitely worth the try.
Thank you so much for reading and if you want me to do a review on a specific product of if you have any questions please comment below and will make sure to respond as soon as possible.